Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Monday

Wow, I can't believe a week has gone by and I haven't posted anything! Busy busy I guess. I have been reading some amazing blogs - everything from getting ready for spring planting, up-cycling, great baking and recipes (that I have to try). I will be posting some links on here soon.

Yesterday, I was asked what is the biggest difference between New Zealand and the USA? Interesting I had to think about this a little, my answer was food and the freshest of it. In New Zealand, we are able to eat fish that has been caught that morning - can't beat that. Most people have a veg garden or go to the market in the weekend and buy vegs - straight from the grower. We have a more even temp so we can get a good 8 months out of our gardens. Our main vegs are potatoes, carrots and peas. We also eat a lot of cauliflower, broccoli, silver beat and sweet potatoes. Silver beat is a little like spinach.


So much goodness in it too. So this week check out your local farmers market - fresh vegs are so good plus fresh eggs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment