When it is cold out, this will entertain the kids for hours - you can find all sorts of things around the house that they can use to cut and play with it - I love rolling playdough into balls and rolling them across the table to each other.
Ingredients for this classic playdough recipe:
- plain white flour – 1 cup
- salt – 0.5 cups
- cream of tartar – 2 tsp (you can substitute 2 tbsp of baking soda)
- water – 1 cup
- cooking oil – 1 tsp (if you use baking soda, add 1 tbsp of oil instead of 1 tsp)
- food coloring
Directions for this classic playdough recipe:
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and one solid color
- Pour the mixture into a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir until smooth and then until playdough bunches up to form a ball
- Take it out of the pan and allow the playdough to cool
- Knead for a few minutes and store in an airtight container